The Type 2 Diabetes Prevention program is a free confidential information and/or telephone coaching service for Queenslanders who are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Is this program for me?
The program is open to anyone aged 16 years and over. You will get your own university qualified personal health coach to help you make healthy lifestyle changes.
This program was specifically designed for people at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes. If you are over 40 years of age, or are Aboriginal, your Get Healthy Service health coach will assess your risk of type 2 diabetes by asking a few short questions. Based on your answers, you will be enrolled in either the Type 2 Diabetes Prevention program or the Standard Coaching program.
Not sure if you are at risk? Find out your type 2 diabetes risk score.
If you already have type 2 diabetes, you will be enrolled in the Standard Coaching program.
- Your own personal health coach
- 13 confidential coaching calls over six months - all at a time and day that suits you
- Motivation and support to set your own healthy lifestyle goals
- Information and a journal to help you track your goal and actions
- Help to overcome any problem areas
- Option to re-enrol for coaching or get six months of SMS based coaching for FREE.
How do I get started?
Starting your Get Healthy Journey has never been easier. Complete our simple online form today or call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).