Find ways to move more so that you can:
- Maintain good health
- Manage your weight
- Reduce your risk of chronic diseases
Learn more about getting active by accessing Australia's Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Adults (18-64 years).
Busy lifestyles can prevent us from regular activity, but we can get creative and sneak some extra energy burning moves into our day.
- 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity most days of the week to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- 60-90 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity most days of the week to lose weight
Start small and gradually work your way up to 60-90 minutes of physical activity. The activity you do should noticeably increase your heart rate. Some examples of moderate intensity activity include brisk walking, dancing, gardening, and active involvement in games and sport with children.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Ride a bike instead of taking the bus.
- Sit less - walk & talk while you’re on the phone.
- Think of ways you can slip incidental exercises into your day!
- Use the Get Healthy activity planner to help plan and keep track of what you do to keep active.
You can get healthy now!
Talk to a Get Healthy Service Health Coach on 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or start your journey here!
For more information including recipes, tips and tools to help you eat better and move more visit healthier.qld.gov.au