500g chat potatoes, quartered
200 baby green beans, ends trimmed
2 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed*
Olive oil cooking spray*
1 small Cos lettuce
425g can tuna in springwater
200g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
8 pitted black olives
1/3 cup 99% fat free French dressing*
* Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender, drain.
2. Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil 5 minutes then drain and rinse under cold water. Peel shells from eggs and cut into halves.
3. Cover beans with boiling water, stand 1 minute then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
4. To make croutons, tear bread slices into small pieces, spread over an oven tray and spray with cooking spray. Place under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes until crisp and golden.
5. Divide lettuce leaves between 4 serving bowls, top with flaked tuna, potatoes, eggs, beans, tomatoes and olives.
6. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkly with croutons. Serve straightaway.
Nutrients Per Serve
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.