500g lean turkey mince*
2 tbs tikka curry paste
1/2 cup water
1 small bunch mint
1/2 cup low fat Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbs lemon juice
8 multigrain tortillas*
8 oakleaf lettuce leaves
1 medium carrot, grated
1 large Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin ribbons
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
* Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add turkey mince and cook until browned all over, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon.
2. Add tikka paste, stir over heat a further minute then stir in water and simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until liquid has reduced. Transfer to a serving dish, cover and keep warm.
3. Set aside a handful of mint leaves for filling. Finely chop the remaining mint leaves and combine with yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl.
4. Add tortillas one at a time to a heated non-stick frying pan and cook over a medium-high heat for about 30 seconds on each side until heated through and lightly browned.
5. Top warm tortillas with lettuce, tikka mince mixture, carrot, cucumber and onion. Sprinkle with reserved mint leaves and srizzle with mint yoghurt. Wrap up to enclose filling and serve straightaway.
Nutrients Per Serve
|This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.