200g dried apricots, roughly chopped
200g dried figs, roughly chopped
200g pitted dried dates, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons safflower oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 24 x 12cm loaf tin with non stick baking paper.
2. Put the apricots, figs and dates in a medium pot, add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda and allow to cool slightly.
3. Sift the flour and spices into a large bowl, stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
4. Add the combined eggs and oil and the cool fruit mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12 slices.
Nutrients Per Serve
|This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.