3 potatoes (about 400g), peeled & chopped
100g dry rice vermicelli
420g canned, no added salt red salmon, drained
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
130g can creamed corn
olive oil cooking spray
4 spring onions, sliced
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pot of water until soft. Drain, return to the pot and cook over a low heat until dry. Remove from the heat and mash until smooth.
2. Put the vermicelli in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain well and cut into short pieces using kitchen scissors.
3. Put the potatoes, vermicelli, salmon, egg whites, corn, spring onions, capsicum, breadcrumbs, dill and lemon juice in a bowl and combine well.
4. Divide the mixture into eight and shape each portion into a flat patty. Put on a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
5. Lightly spray a non stick fry pan with olive oil spray and heat over a medium heat until hot. Cook the patties in batches until golden brown on both sides, transfer to the oven and cook for 10- 15 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 8.
This recipe can also be made using canned tuna or crab in place of the salmon.
Nutrients Per Serve
||20 minutes + chilling
|This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.