2 x large eggs*
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup reduced fat milk*
1/3 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese*
2 medium (200g) zucchini, grated
420g can corn kernels, drained
1/2 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
Canola or olive oil cooking spray*
1 ripe avocado
Squeeze of lemon or lime juice
1 tomato, cut into wedges, to serve
Baby lettuce leaves, to serve
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick
1. Whisk eggs, flour and milk together in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Stir in grated cheese, zucchini, corn, chives and paprika.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and lightly grease with cooking spray. Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into hot pan, spreading it out evenly with the back of a spoon.
4. Cook fritters over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
5. Continue with remaining mixture, re-greasing pan with cooking spray as necessary.
6. Mash avocado with lemon juice in a small bowl.
7. Top warm fritters with mashed avocado and serve with tomato and lettuce.
Nutrients Per Serve
||4 (12 Fritters)
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.