100g (1/2 cup) light canola or olive oil spread*
2 tbs honey
1/3 cup apple juice*
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup diced dried apricots*
Canola or olive oil cooking spray*
1 cup quick oats*
1 cup sunflower and pepita seed mix
2/3 cup plain flour
2 tbs raw sugar
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick
1. Combine spread, honey, apple juice, cranberries and apricots in a small saucepan. Place over a medium heat until spread is melted, stirring occasionally.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cool 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper to cover base and extend up sides of pan.
4. Combine oats, seed mix, flour and sugar in a large bowl, add dried fruit mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until slice is light golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
7. Lift slice from pan using lining paper and cut into bars to serve.
Nutrients Per Serve
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.