400g skinless chicken breast fillet
1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Crunchy cabbage salad
1/4 Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
1 carrot, finely shredded
1 red capsicum, cut into fine strips
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup peanut butter
270ml reduced fat coconut milk
1. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
2. Cut the chicken into thin strips then thread onto skewers.
3. Lightly brush the skewers with oil and put on a foil-lined grill tray. Grill under a high heat, turning a couple of times during cooking until the chicken is tender.
4. To make the satay sauce, heat the oil in a small pot, add the garlic and onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
5. To make the cabbage salad, put the cabbage, carrot, capsicum and sesame seeds in a bowl and toss to combine.
6. To serve, place mounds of salad onto plates, top with chicken skewers and drizzle with the satay sauce.
Nutrients Per Serve
||40 minutes + soaking
|This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.