500g low fat Greek-style yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup icing sugar
300g frozen mixed berries, thawed*
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick
1. Blend yoghurt, vanilla and half the icing sugar in a blender or food processor until combined. Transfer mixture to a jug.
2. Add berries and the remaining icing sugar to blender or food processor. Pour in 1 cup of the vanilla yoghurt mixture and process until smooth and combined.
3. One-third fill popsicle moulds with vanilla yoghurt mixture then top up moulds with berry mixture.
4. Run a skewer through mixtrue in each mould to create a swirled effect.
5. Place moulds in freezer for 1 hour then insert a popsicle stick in each one and return to freezer for several hours or overnight until frozen solid.
6. Remove popsicles from moulds just before serving. If popsicles are difficult to remove, wrap a warm damp cloth around moulds for a few seconds and they should slide out easily.
Tip: Popsicle moulds are available in different shapes and sizes from department stores and specialty kitchen shops. Popsicle sticks are available from newsagents and craft shops.
Nutrients Per Serve
||10 x 100ml popsicles
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.