About The Service
The Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service® is a FREE, confidential phone coaching service which supports participants to reach personalised lifestyle goals relating to; healthy eating, increasing physical activity, alcohol reduction, reaching and achieving a healthy weight or achieving a healthy weight gain in pregnancy.
Through regular contact, advice and coaching, participants can achieve a healthier, more physically active lifestyle. Further information on participant’s outcomes are available on our ‘why refer’ page.
The service offers five programs, each tailored to meet the different need of its participants. Participants will enrol in one of the following programs:
- Standard Coaching
- Get Healthy in Pregnancy
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevention
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program
- Information Only
THE GET HEALTHY SERVICE OFFERS PARTICIPANTS:
- Own personal, university qualified health coach*
- Up to 13 free coaching calls
- Support to make changes over 6 months through personalised health goals
- Access to free resources to record goals, progress and achievements.
- Participants can choose the information only or the telephone coaching option following referral.
- After the 6 months, participants can re-enrol in the Service or opt to continue coaching support via SMS through the Get Healthy Stay Healthy program
- Participants can also choose for their referring General Practitioner or Health Professional to receive updates on their progress to further support their healthy lifestyle goals. Updates are provided at baseline, mid-point and graduation.
*Health coaches include Dietitians, Exercise Physiologists, Nurses.
Access a range of free promotion resources that can be downloaded, printed and ordered in bulk.